Special Program Requirements
- Voice: (Closed for Spring 2017)
- Composition: (Closed for Spring 2017)
- Music Education: All applicants for music education degrees must interview with the music education faculty.
All undergraduate music education applicants must perform a successful audition prior to being admitted.
- Music Therapy: All applicants for music therapy degrees must successfully interview with the music therapy faculty. Undergraduates must perform a successful audition as part of the admissions process. An audition is also required for those with an incoming music bachelor's degree applying for the MA in Music, Music Therapy Emphasis Program. Board-Certified Music Therapists returning for the Master of Arts-Music Therapy Degree will need to provide clinical skill competencies in lieu of an audition as part of the admission process. IPh.D. candidates have other requirements (please contact the music therapy faculty).
- Musicology: Graduate applicants for the M.M. in Musicology degree must also submit a sample of scholarly writing and a statement of purpose.
- Music Theory: Graduate applicants for the M.M. in Music Theory degree must also submit a sample of scholarly writing and a statement of purpose. All music theory applicants will also interview during the audition day.