CONSERVATORY

Noah Geller Image

Noah Geller

Adjunct Professor of Violin

Violinist Noah Geller, winner of numerous competitions and prizes, has performed throughout the United States and abroad.  Most recently, he was appointed concertmaster of the Kansas City Symphony, where he begins, September 2012.  Mr. Geller has been a member of the Philadelphia Orchestra since 2008 and has served as acting assistant concertmaster since 2010. A laureate of the 2007 Michael Hill International Violin Competition, Mr. Geller performed recitals in Queenstown, New Zealand and chamber music with the New Zealand Trio in Auckland’s Town Hall.  Previously he received top prizes in the Corpus Christi International Competition, the Skokie Valley Symphony Young Artists’ Competition and Wisconsin Public Radio’s Neale-Silva Young Artists’ Competition, Madison, WI.  Mr. Geller has also won competitions at the Music Academy of the West (Santa Barbara) and the Chicago Youth Symphony, resulting in solo performances with those orchestras.  Following performances at the Tanglewood Music Center, he was awarded the Jules C. Reiner Violin Prize.

In addition to his activities with the Philadelphia Orchestra, Mr. Geller is enthusiastically involved in chamber music.  He has performed at the Marlboro, Kingston, Saratoga, and Taos festivals, and has appeared on the Lyon and Healy, Dolce Suono, Philadelphia Museum of Art, and Lyric Chamber Music Society series, among others.  In addition, he is an original member of Shir Ami, an ensemble dedicated to the music of composers whose lives were adversely affected by the Holocaust.

Mr. Geller has performed with the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra and has served in concertmaster and principal positions for the Civic Orchestra of Chicago, the Juilliard Orchestra, and the Tanglewood Music Center Orchestra.

A previous student of Jennifer Cappelli, Mr. Geller received his bachelor and master degrees from the Juilliard School where he studied with Hyo Kang, Cho-liang Lin, and Donald Weilerstein.   He performs on a violin made by Andreas Postacchini in Fermo, Italy, c. 1840.