Academy Scholarships and Financial Aid
Scholarships at the Academy
The Academy offers merit-based scholarships to outstanding musicians, selected by audition. Current Academy students, as well as prospective Academy students, are eligible to audition for scholarships. Awards are applied directly to tuition for private lessons or music classes.
- Rose Bruening Dunn Performance Scholarship – for one or more outstanding pianists with the demonstrated potential and stated goal of a career in music.
- Rose Bruening Dunn Leadership Scholarship – for one or more pianists using music to make a difference in their own lives or the lives of others.
- Rose Bruening Dunn Promise Scholarship – for one or more pianists ages 12 and under with outstanding potential at any level of development.
- H. Lynn and Emily White Scholarship in Precollegiate Music Performance – for an outstanding performer with the demonstrated potential and stated goal of a career in music.
- Dorothy Zimmer Scholarship – for one or more outstanding performers or composers.
Scholarship auditions for the 2017-2018 school year will take place on March 4, 2017.
Financial Aid at the Academy
The Academy offers need-based financial assistance for private lessons and music classes. Financial Aid is awarded in the Fall for the duration of the academic year (Fall 2016–Summer 2017). To apply for financial aid, students must submit a completed financial aid application. Financial Aid applications for the 2016-17 academic year must be received by August 1, 2016. No late or incomplete submissions will be considered. All financial aid recipients must reapply annually. A completed application does not guarantee a financial aid award, nor does a previous financial aid award guarantee future financial aid awards. Notification of any finanical aid is sent on or around September 1st.
Complete applications include
- Completed Financial Aid Application Form
- Signed Financial Aid Award Policies
- Letters of recommendation for each student
- Copy of 2015 Tax Return (Form 1040)
- DEPOSIT for four weeks tuition.
Download the 2016-17 Academy Financial Aid Application.
UMKC FACULTY/STAFF DISCOUNT for Academy programs
Full-time employees of UMKC are eligible for a 20% discount on private lessons. GTAs, full-time UMKC students (who are not also full-time UMKC employees), and on-campus workers not employed by UMKC are not eligible.